Most of us lead stressful lives and this has serious negative effects on our body. I am sure you have experienced extreme tiredness that you couldn’t explain many times. You probably get up in the morning feeling tired, as if you haven’t slept at all, or you may often feel your body hurting all over and you don’t know the reason. The most common reason for these symptoms are toxins that are accumulating in your body. So, let’s talk about detoxing your body naturally!
Your body has its own mechanisms in order to get rid of all the harmful toxins. But sometimes, those mechanisms are not working properly, especially if the amount of toxins entering your body is high. This can result in medical problems, if you keep on pushing your body and keep on feeding it with toxins. Also, did you know that one of the main reasons for obesity is toxins? So, you may get better results if you combine a diet with a detox.
Here is what you can do to help your body detox naturally:
1. Drink a lot of water. The amount needed may differ for each person, but generally you should drink at least 6 glasses of water each day. The more your drink, the better you feel.
2. Practice often breathing techniques that will help you relax and will supply your body with more oxygen. You can find some breathing techniques in this article, if you don’t know any.
3. Add many vegetables and fruits to your diet. Also, foods that are rich in fiber, like legumes, brown rice etc.
4. Supplement your diet with herbal drinks, like green tea, that are known for helping the body detox.
5. Start dry-brushing your body. Dry-brushing is an ancient technique with amazing results. Using a brush with natural bristle, start brushing your feet and move towards your heart. Then go to your hands, start from the palms and move towards your heart also. Do it slowly, with smooth strokes. This will improve your skin and it will help your blood circulation. Moreover, it will help your body fight the toxins.
6. Sweating is also a good way to help your body detox. You can take often saunas, or, even better, you can exercise often. Exercising will help you in multiple ways. Not only will you help your body become stronger and healthier, therefore a better fighter against toxins, you will also reduce stress dramatically, so you will reduce the toxins accumulating in your body.
Those are the general rules you have to follow and apply in your lifestyle in order to help your body detox. But, sometimes we need something more, especially after a holiday period, where we went beyond our usual habits.
Here is a simple recipe for a natural water cleanse, that will help you find your balance again:
– ½ cucumber, sliced
– ½ grapefruit, sliced
– ½ lemon, sliced
– ½ lime, sliced
– 2-3 mint leaves
Put all the ingredients in a pitch full of water (8 glasses of water). Put the pitch in the fridge for 2 hours and then serve and drink throughout the day. Discard after 24 hours, if you haven’t drunk it all. Drink it for 5-7 days.
Try it and let me know how you feel!